Sunday, April 10, 2011

COLOR INSPIRATION: Persimmon!

LINK BACK TO OUR WEBSITE! www.wyomingweddingsonline.com

My kiddos and I were in Mountain Valley Bridal in Laramie the other day, enjoying the color selection in the dresses.  My oldest and I were very intrigued by PERSIMMON -- another color that I for one was not very aware of!  Did a little research and discovered -- persimmon is a HOT wedding color!


A persimmon is a fruit that is much like a tomato in size.  It can be called simply 'orange', of course, but I would argue that persimmon has a little more something to it than just straight orange...perhaps a brown undertone? Pink? Hmmm...well, if you have a thought what makes persimmon different from orange, I'd love to hear it!

Let's explore persimmon by itself...





www.weddingsandceremony.net


www.paperpersuassions.com

www.zazzle.com

Persimmon is a really neat color! OK, now what to pair with it?  Here's one option...a color that I for one am suspecting might just be a universal neutral -- it pairs with darn near everything...

Chocolate brown...






www.blog.artthatfits.com


As much as I don't want to liken this to the kickin' orange, gold & brown kitchen we removed from our 1972 home, I find this to be very cool and retro. I believe we can make peace with the 70's color palette and interpret it into our modern living...just a theory... :)

Here's a bright & sunshine-filled color to pair with persimmon...yellow...



  www.ehow.com
 www.labotanicals.com


Or slightly different, but from the same idea...a lime green...

not Neutral links reversible quilt, www.amazon.com

Here's my favorite though...persimmon and aqua...I love that it gives a hint of Hawaii...

www.joiestudio.blogspot.com





J Press -- Would this not make the most adorable bow tie on your ring bearer?!  Or, for a fun summer wedding with a touch of whimsy, your men's attire...








www.qweddings.com


What a FUN color! We discovered many dresses in this color at Mountain Valley Bridal in Laramie -- talk about a unique choice!




www.magicmomentscollections.com

'Til Next Time...I really enjoy finding new colors to write about! Do you have a suggestion? Please share with us, we'd love to explore it!

Kati Hime, Editor
editor@wyolifestyle.com

LINK BACK TO OUR WEBSITE! www.wyomingweddingsonline.com
OR OUR SISTER PUB, WY LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE! www.wyolifestyle.com




No comments:

Post a Comment